Thursday, February 26, 2009

"When I was a Kid ..."

Like all little kids, Misha says some funny things. Last night while working diligently on a picture, he told me, “When I grow up, I won’t be a kid anymore, and I will say, ‘When I was a kid, I drew this!’”

In the car a while ago the radio was on, and he said, “Mom, I don’t want that song, because I have a song in my throat and I can sing it.”

And a few weeks ago, he really enjoyed watching the Bee Movie. It was quite educational, too. After it was over he said, “I wish I was a bee and I had wings and I could pollinate the flowers!”

I like how Misha creates verbs:
“I don’t like bugs because they itchie me.”
“Then we have to cold ‘em up!” (about strawberry-yogurt freezies)
“First you have to flat it.” (play-dough)
“Daddy, don’t be sick anymore! Stop sicking!”

At night, he wants to read a lot of books. He emphasizes this by saying, “I want to read every each!”

When I wasn’t having any luck blowing up his balloon, Misha said, “I’m going to give it to Daddy because you can’t do it. You’re not big enough.”

His concept of geography is really coming along. He knows he lives in Brookings. He also knows he was born in Kyrgyzstan. He also knows we live on planet Earth. (He asks about the moon and so I explained that we live on a planet, and he knows that our planet turns so we can share the sun with the other side of the world, like Kyrgyzstan.) We got a ride from my co-worker awhile ago, and Misha got to meet her daughter. After asking her name, the first thing Misha said was, “I live in Brookings on Earth!” (Truth be told, it sounds like "Erf.")

He also knows it takes a LONG time to drive to Sioux Falls. And that Grandma Kate and Tanya both live VERY far away, so far that you have to take an airplane. He says, “How come Grandma Kate lives so far away and Tanya lives so far away? I’m not far away – I’m right HERE!” And he knows that Kyrgyzstan is even farther away – all the way on the other side of Earth! ;-) He loves to look at our big wall map and Grandpa’s globe and see where different people he knows live. He can find the little red country that starts with a K that is Kyrgyzstan.

He's also quite the artist. Here he is posing after drawing his self-portrait. See the resemblance in the following two photos? He even drew hair, shirt sleeves, and fingers on himself, which I don't recall him doing before.







Misha likes to lift up my shirt now and talk to his baby brother. He tells him how he wants him to come out so he can play dragons with him. :) He likes to give my belly lots of hugs and kisses - here he is kissing my six-month pooza. He wanted to use our camera to take a picture of the baby inside, but I told him my camera wasn't that special. Only the doctor's camera can do that.



After about two months of ice skating, he's a regular little ice king. He's good enough now to glide on the ice, which means he falls more, but he loves to chase us!



You can see how speedy he's gotten:




2 comments:

Tanya said...

Great quotes and stories! And the ice skating video is most impressive -- he's really gotten good.

Melanie said...

What a clever little boy you've got! Love to read what he's up to (and you guys, too!)...he reminds me so much of one of my nephews, both in looks and in personality.