Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I'm a Little Neti Pot

Trying to explain the terms "spout" and "handle" in the teapot song to Misha, I grabbed the nearest piece of realia and showed him Josh's Neti Pot, which has a lovely genie-like spout and handle. I later found Misha on a stool at the kitchen sink singing his song and pouring water out of his little "teapot." For a short demo, watch the video!




His other current favorites to sing are "If I were a Rich Man," "Mazeltof, Mazeltof," "Oh, What a Beautiful Morning," "Yankee Doodles" (yes, he adds the 's'), and "On Top of Spaghetti" (he can really belt it out when Grandpa accompanies him with the harmonica!).

With Christmas over, I am shocked to see how much STUFF Misha has aquired. I feel guilty for living in such a material-driven society! However, I found comfort in a small phenomenon: Whenever we go somewhere, Misha usually picks a toy to bring along. Just a few days after being bombarded with new and flashy gadgets, the toy Misha chose to take to Grandma's and Grandpa's was his long-time favorite, an old stuffed unicorn that my sister won in a coloring contest when she was six. One of Misha's great joys is descending into his grandparents' basement (trust me, it's better than Wal-Mart!) and digging up treasures of his mommy and aunt Tanya from days gone by.



Tanya helps Misha put on his shoes to go to Grandma's and Grandpa's, unicorn in tow.

2 comments:

Aaron said...

What ever you do don't teach him "The Song That Never Ends". Though it may be very cute the first 100 times.

Tanya said...

Even though I just saw him in the flesh for two weeks, I can't believe how well he sings! So clear and on key. Hugs from Aunty.